[SGVLUG] Club Fair

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 10:22:58 PDT 2010

indeed! Thanks Shang-Lin!

anyone have a contact with ubuntu so we can
also get some CDs?

drop me any contacts for presenters you have,
AND feel free to contact them and see if they
can present. I think the calendar is looking
very open right now (hint).

just remember for the booth we need to be certain
that there is no doubt that we are primarily
promoting "sgvlug/caltech lug"
( we are in effect the caltech lug as well )

I think it is cool to list other open source
related groups which meet in the area which
students maybe interested in checking out.
( maybe a page listing them we can tape
on the table? )

assorted goodies from other open source / linux
related groups would be nice imho
( too bad we dont have any sgvlug branded stuff lol )

thanks!
matti

---
Thanks Shang-Lin for your work in setting this up.

I was talking with Miguel today and we are interested in helping out.  What is needed?

The LA Drupal group has donated a bag of Drupal pins for us to hand out.  Some of the members of the group were interested in the club fair.  One of the officers, Chris Charlton, would like to post details on the LA Drupal board to generate other volunteers to help out.  Do you have an announcement of the club fair we can forward to him?

There are a number of people in that group who would make great presenters for us if we are short of a topic some month.  Matti, drop me a line and I'll forward their contact info.

Matt