[SGVLUG] Is Duke the Java Mascot(tm) a Martian? Pasadena JUG Meeting 10/25

Jana Lingo jana.lingo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 12:50:51 PDT 2010

Jesse Wright will be talking on his work with Java at JPL
Jesse Wright is a Software Architect specializing in the software for
Mars missions. This includes the software on the spacecraft and the
software on the ground. I have 33 years of experience in supporting
JPL missions and commercial work. I've used Java for well over 10
years. Right now I am learning Rails, with a possible conversion to
JRuby later on.
This is also our last Meeting at EHarmony as they are moving and the
Group will go  "virtual" until a new Place is found
Directions

>From the 210 freeway: take the Lake Ave exit south.
>From Colorado Blvd: take Hudson Ave north, go a block past the Target,
and turn right onto Walnut St.

There are two parking lot entrances once you're in the middle of the
property. Use the one on the right. Parking is free but validation is
required, so bring your parking stub.

To get to the meeting, walk north and turn left onto Walnut Street.
There should be a "PJUG" sign taped to the door.
Eharmony will provide Free Pizza and soft drinks, as usual