[SGVLUG] Los Angeles PyCamp 2010 - June 14-18 @ UCLA John E. Kreznar

Miller, Michael mmiller at psych.ucla.edu
Wed May 12 18:36:07 PDT 2010

Hi John -

The Wing IDE is a commercial app... see the following link (there are debian packages):

http://www.wingware.com/downloads

Paid PyCamp registrations come with your own single OS/single developer copy to keep of Wingware Professional Python IDE, a $179 value, distributed in class.
http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/pycamp-la-2010/index_html

Michael

=======

It was written

> Become a self-sufficient Python developer in just five days at
> PyCamp!

Interesting!

> ... PyCamp comes with your own copy of Wing Professional Python IDE.

Is that "Wing" as in the description of the Debian package python-chm:
"PyCHM is a package that provides Python binding for Jed Wing's CHMLIB
library."  (This is the one connection that I find between "python"
and "wing" in the Debian apt-cache directory.)

More generally, is Wing open source?  Does it run under Linux?

- --
 John E. Kreznar jek at ininx.com 9F1148454619A5F08550 705961A47CC541AFEF13
  ...who won't use software he's forbidden to read ("reverse engineer").