[SGVLUG] fun n games - "Important Lawsuit notice"

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 12:27:34 PDT 2010

some of the spam/phishing/trojan attacks have been getting
very interesting.. take this recent one I got:

"Important Lawsuit notice.Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:54 AM
From: "Shaun Merrill" <smerrill_wh at vwtexlaw.com>Add sender to Contacts
To: mathew_2000 at yahoo.com

March 24, 2010
Crosby & Higgins
350 Broadway, Suite 300
New York, NY 10013

To Whom It May Concern:

On the link bellow is a copy of the lawsuit that we filed against you in court on March 11, 2010.
Currently the Pretrail Conference is scheduled for April 11th, 2010 at 10:30 A.M. in courtroom #36.
The case number is 3485934. The reason the lawsuit was filed was due to a completely inadequate response from your company for copyright infrigement that our client Touchstone Advisories Inc is a victim of Copyright infrigement
http://www.touchstoneadvisorsonline.com/lawsuit/suit_documents.doc
Touchstone Advisories Inc has proof of multiple Copyright Law violations that they wish to present in court on April 11th, 2010.

Sincerely,

Mark R. Crosby
Crosby & Higgins LLP"

---

Here's some interesting reads regarding it:

http://www.dshield.org/indexd.html

what sans has to say:
http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=8497

best