[SGVLUG] Villaraigosa signs measure to reduce Internet business taxes

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Mon Mar 22 17:37:49 PDT 2010

> -----Original Message----- Of matti
>
> Man! sometimes you wonder what they were thinking
> when the raised the tax rate in the first place!!

Given the specific example of "Shopzilla", No - I'm wondering what they were thinking classifying a search engine as a "multimedia company" when it is, in fact, a "business" (it provides you, the "consumer", with a service - a list of places that sell "product x")  It does this in a single form of "media" [a webpage] and derives income from ??? [advertisers? The businesses that it lists?]