[SGVLUG] Speaker for this month

Charles N Wyble charles at knownelement.com
Wed Mar 10 11:41:26 PST 2010

On 03/10/2010 10:21 AM, Emerson, Tom (*IC) wrote:
> ===============
> John's response, short and sweet, was thus:
> It was written:

Thanks....

>> I can present on data ownership.
>>
> In order to know the enemy of open source?

Um..... huh?

The enemy of open source? .... Well yes, a lot of hosted services
(gmail/flickr etc) don't really let you have control of your data. I
will be discussing in great detail how I migrated a lot of my data off
of the 3rd party hosted services, into my own web based environment. I
haven't migrated all of my data yet, and will detail why I haven't, and
how I'm planning to do so in the future.