[SGVLUG] Sorry for the list being so quiet.

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 19:24:07 PDT 2010

So I change out my firewall/router at the end of last month and the
new firewall rules lead to all connection to the sgvlug server looking
like they were coming from the same subnet as the sgvlug server which
by default is allowed to relay mail.

So that made sgvlug server an open relay and so we started getting
hundreds of thousands of spam email relays per day which backed up and
filled the disc on the server.

So for those of you that actually get this message lets hope all is well now.