[SGVLUG] MythTv - looking at setups, what do u think?

Rae Yip rae.yip at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 19:00:15 PST 2010

Hi Matti,

HD recordings don't take much CPU, so it's mainly playback that's the issue.

Looks like you should be able to use a fast enough processor to do
decent HD playback in software, at least until the Linux Radeon
drivers improve enough to do some acceleration. Of course, having
plenty of memory definitely helps too.

Nothing like trying it out though! It's only $70, right?

-Rae.