[SGVLUG] MythTv - looking at setups, what do u think?

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 14:32:36 PST 2010

Hi,

Been thinking about putting together a mythTV setup
one of these days... ( once my budget opens up.)

when I noticed the following from slickdeals

Foxconn Cinema Premium AMD 785G Onboard HD4200 Graphics with Remote / DTS Dolby Sound/ Onboard Wireless Router Micro ATX AMD Motherboard $70 after $20 MIR

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/30223/Foxconn-Cinema-Premium-AMD-785G-Onboard-HD4200-Graphics-with-Remote--DTS-Dolby-Sound-Onboard-Wireless-Router-Micro-ATX-AMD-Motherboard-70-after-20-MIR

wow, the specs look good ...

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_overview.aspx?ID=en-us0000478

tho I am not certain about how well the
ATI Radeon HD 4200 would work with mythTV and HD

what do you think?

btw - reportedly the ACC unlock doesnt work well on this
board so you can't take advantage of the "crippled"
amd cpus, by basically unlocking a core ...
( acc = Advanced Clock Calibration )
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/unlock-phenom-ii,2273.html

best
matti