[SGVLUG] May general and dev-sig meetings

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Apr 29 10:21:36 PDT 2010

Greetings folks - May is almost upon us, and in fact the 1st of May is the next "dev-sig" meeting - we are still slogging through PHP, so there is some "web" focus to the development.  Unfortunately, it is a bit of "the blind leading the blind" here as none of the participants has a "solid" grasp of PHP (and attempts to get someone qualified, or at the very least, "willing to teach", fizzled out :( )

Our Dev-sig meeting is also (informally) an "administration SIG" - topics related to our website or our location-host's website [SCGS] are often brought up and dealt with at this tiem.  If you'd like to help "update" the design or accessibility of the SGVLUG website, this would be a good meeting to attend.  The meeting begins at [approximately] 1pm, and runs unti 3pm - please note this is a research library, and while technically "closed" on certain saturdays, there are often other groups in there on Saturday mornings holding meetings similar to ours. (but on genealogy topics, not computers...)

Since the 1st falls on a Saturday, the "second Thursday" is the 13th - a late date for our general meeting - so you still have 2-1/2 weeks to help us promote the meeting - unfortunately, all I have about the meeting is the title and the background (bio) of the presenter [Claude - feel free to persue this for the caltech calendar...]