[SGVLUG] Most popular programming languages - C and Java

bobjaffray at juno.com bobjaffray at juno.com
Wed Apr 7 17:49:40 PDT 2010

BJ: You know that may be for full-fledged
languages, but PHP is the most supported
scripting language for server-side programming
at free hosted websites. So I guess that since
that is what I want to do at the moment is
play around for free, that is where my
interest will lie.

BJ: So now. Is there any professional value
with doing PHP scripting? Or is it just a
side issue? Remember Tom Emerson dug up
a PHP compiler.

BJ: So doesn't that raise a question of
how much using the internet will take over
traditional ways of doing things. And if
so when will Java, for example, be supported
so that it can be used instead of PHP?
Or am I just confused about all this?

Bob Jaffray

Most popular programming languages - C and Java
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1600105/mind-language

:)

--
"Knowledge is Power" -- Francis Bacon