[SGVLUG] Laptop Repair

David Lawyer dave at lafn.org
Sun Sep 20 08:04:07 PDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 03:22:33PM -0700, matti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Group,
> >
> > Does anyone know of a reputable laptop repair shop??
> > My friend and I both
> > have laptops that no longer power up.? I can't tell if
> > it's a battery or
> > something else.? I'd like to take it for an estimate,
> > but don't know anyone
> > who does laptop repair and don't want to get cheated.

Sometimes the jack on the Laptop, for plugging in the battery charger,
goes bad.  Using a tiny screwdriver to bend the prongs inside might
help.  But if the battery is discharged, it should have given some
warning, like a flashing light.  With a multimeter you could test the
battery for voltage and short-circuit current draw.

			David Lawyer