[SGVLUG] linux-friendly netbooks

Charles Wyble charles at thewybles.com
Thu Sep 3 15:52:59 PDT 2009

>> TFTP? Or FTP?
>
> PXE/TFTP.

Ah netboot. It uses FTP or HTTP once it's booted. :) At least for
RedHat/Fedora/Debian/Ubuntu installs. There might be a TFTP option,
though I haven't used it.

  The fact that you even ask this just goes to show that you're
> blinded by audaciously ignorant assumptions,

Um.... no. I'm not ignorant. I have an extensive background in systems
engineering across the board including handling system intrusions and
rootkits.

  which explains the tone in your
> response.

Call me very skeptical. I'm asking for some proof of the root kit. I'm
not the only one.

Now that you have wiped the box out, I guess we have to take your word
for it?

> It's OK though, I know email has that affect on interpretation. =p

No. It's not an affect. It was meant as it sounded.