[SGVLUG] Any "hackintosh" experts on here?

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Oct 16 16:20:02 PDT 2009

One of my co-workers asked me today about what it takes to install the Mac OS on an Intel-based laptop (seems he just bought one a week or two before the company assigned one to him, so he's free to "experiment" with his purchase)

Who has done this?  What can one expect in the process?

[oh, and this might make for a great topic to share at a future meeting...]

[as well as a discussion on the differences between Apples version of "unix" they call Mac-OS and what we call "Linux"...]