[SGVLUG] Upcoming Meetings

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Nov 20 16:47:53 PST 2009

DEVELOPER'S "Special Interest Group" (Devsig):

Unmark your calendars - there will be NO meeting in December

For January, the first meeting is Jan 2nd (!) and yes, we have a meeting plan, however we need a (solid) commitment of 6 or more people attending to learn PHP from the ground up.  Our last two meetings focused on actually getting/installing PHP in a working (web) environment.  These PHP classes will run for ?? Months (at least 3 I think, maybe 4 [or more?])

After that, we are open for ideas

---------------------------------

GENERAL meeting:

December: open [proposed: Fedora 12]
January 2010: open
February: Flying Penguins [unconfirmed]
   Note: this has a 1000-word writeup!  You can view it here:
         http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2561/3984230839_7e881c596c.jpg

April - December: open

Suggestions:

General security / website (server) security [in light of the recent "hacking" of our site]

Other distributions [(Open)SuSE, *Ubuntu, etc.]

"PKI" implementations (+keysigning parties) such as GPG/PGP, CAcert, etc.

Games and other fun stuff is always nice

"cool stuff" people have actually done with linux or otherwise "open" stuff (both hardware and software "stuff")