[SGVLUG] sgvlug.org site hacked

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Nov 10 16:50:34 PST 2009

The reason a wipe-and-reinstall is in order is:
you have no idea what the hackers did.  They might
have installed a rootkit.  Better play it safe!
Everybody who has ever logged in to other systems
from that system should change all their passwords
(though who knows, might be too late).

Outgoing ssh should be also disabled from the server
after reinstall to protect people from keylogging rootkits.
- Dan