[SGVLUG] Fwd: I need a head-count of those interested in attending Dev-sig this weekend

juanslayton @dslextreme.com juanslayton at dslextreme.com
Sat May 2 10:50:07 PDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tom Emerson <osnut at pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, May 1, 2009 at 10:41 PM
Subject: [SGVLUG] I need a head-count of those interested in
attending	Dev-sig this weekend
To: juanslayton at dslextreme.com, Harold Totten <haroldtotten at gmail.com>

OK, looks like we can make it the "new" location this month -- yeah, I
know, "short notice", and to make things worse, I don't think I can post
to the "lists" from my home address [too many bounces, so the listserve
keeps un-subbing me]

So far you two are the only ones that responded (I did get one question
of "what's the dev-sig do?" though...), so here are the details of the
location:

 Southern California Genealogical Society (SCGS)
 417 Irving Drive, Burbank
 (Glenoaks near Scott road)

their website:  http://www.scgsgenealogy.com/

google "larger map" page:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Southern+Ca+Genealogical&fb=1&cid=0,0,18184901225297515556&near=Burbank,+CA&oi=manybox&ct=10&cd=1&resnum=1

trivially easy way to get there: take the 5 to Buena Vista
 -- if heading SOUTH, the stay ON the road that actually crosses Buena
Vista
 -- if heading NORTH, go south on BV about 200 feet, then turn LEFT
just before you go under the freeway

this street is "Winona Avenue" -- stay on it, and when it crosses
Glenoaks, the street magically becomes "Irving"; the library is on the
left side of the street, park in the lot just past it

you can call me on my cell phone: 818-269-2478  if you need any
final-approach directions...

=============

What we will cover:
 -- the library's distro [Gentoo!]
 -- what they need "right away" [a good backup plan]
 -- what is broken "as of today" and would be nice to fix [an e-mail
setup problem]

There will be one or two other groups in the library, and the library
will otherwise be "closed" to the general public anyway, so we will be
in the "back room" where the server is located -- for future meetings,
we'll likely be in the main work room for the librarians.

John: since I can't post to the list right now, would you please post a
quick item that we've decided to go to the new location this time?  (you
don't necessarily have to give the address -- the room itself won't
accommodate more than about 5 people, so if they didn't respond by now,
we won't have room for them)

- --
Top o' the Blog: And you thought <i>you</i> were the king of leisure time?
http://osnut.homelinux.net/mtblog/ya_index.html