[SGVLUG] [OT-fodder] Vista user gets pinched...

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue Mar 24 13:58:26 PDT 2009

Just saw a note from another forum that says, in a nutshell:

  "...I just found out Vista Home Premium cannot use the installed FAX-modem as, well, a FAX..."

One reply on this thread is this:

   "Sorry but the only versions of Vista that include
    fax capabilities are: Business, Enterprise, Ultimate.

    They did not include it in Basic or Premium and as
    far as I know that has not changed."

Other than FAXes being "so 'last century'", I suppose it is a real "eye opener" for the guy -- after all, explicitly REMOVING this capability for "home" use must have taken more effort than leaving it in...