[SGVLUG] Linux netbook for $150

Roger's Discount rogers.discount at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 20:50:44 PDT 2009

Hello Linux friends

I don't attend the meetings yet, but I read your list. I own the Asus
EEEPC that is mentioned in these e-mails. I have owned it since Feb.
2008 and it works, period. It only has 512 MB of RAM but that is
perfect for the Debian-esque Linux that it runs.

It is a joy to carry, due to its light weight. Fits in my backpack and
runs from the battery for at least two hours. It has 3 USB ports, and
it takes SDHC cards, which is what my camera uses. The wireless
networking is not as good as I have seen on other computers, but it
beats Vista wireless networking (which I have noticed does not seem to
work at all).

Yours truly
Neil