[SGVLUG] Linux netbook for $150

Christopher Smith x at xman.org
Tue Jun 30 16:10:02 PDT 2009

I think you'll find the graphics card in that laptop is particularly ill
suited for playing video.

As for music on CD... when you play the music on a computer, the data is
already getting "ripped"... you're just not persisting it. Just get a
thumb drive (particularly if you allow for lossy compression, you can
fit far more music in a thumb drive than on a CD) and store the data
there. You'll save a ton on your laptop's battery life and reduce how
you need to carry around.

--Chris