[SGVLUG] dev-sig meeting

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Jun 25 14:21:23 PDT 2009

> -----Original Message----- Of juanslayton
>
> I notice that the next regular dev-sig meeting falls on July
> 4. Anybody got any thoughts on that? John

Would you be adverse to having the meeting a week early?  It turns out that this coming Saturday is an event called "Jamboree" where 99% of the library staff and patrons will be "away" from the building (meaning less interruptions from either point of view ;) )

The "big thing" these folks need is an actual implementation of a backup plan (other than the "daily copy and gzip of /home", which never gets off-sited nor purged...)  A secondary thing would be a change to the squirrelmail settings to store "user preferences" and similar data on a partition OTHER than /storage (because when the aforementioned backups fill the volume, users cannot change things like their .sig...)

These changes will be 99% transparent to the users - the only thing they should notice is that the system works better...