[SGVLUG] So, did we find a speaker & topic for the next few months?

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue Jun 23 16:39:16 PDT 2009

> -----Original Message----- Of matti
>
> here's the current plans iirc:
>
> July - Topic Fedora ..

Great - I've put up a starter notice - who will be the speaker?  (a regular lug member, or a workerbee from redhat?)

> Aug - open
[but see below]

> Sept - open
> Oct - open
> Nov - Taken ( Matt's found a great topic .. )

Yeah, I'll need details on this one (but I know where else I can track him down, most months anyway...)

> > I'll tentatively toss out something I found recently
[...]
> > and that is the "Open Streetmap" project
> > (www.openstreetmap.org)  Yes, this is GPS related, so it means more
> > chances to play with tech-toys...
>
> fyi - I've actually talked a bit to these folks, and can
> get an official rep from there to present...

Well then, an "official rep" would be far more preferable to whatever I can put together - any chance we could get someone for August?  (we might even be able to pull in a few more "interested parties" as I see there are several "active" mappers in the area - perfect for the summer when attendance is usually a bit lower...)