[SGVLUG] Any AVR user groups in LA?

John Wang red744t at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 11:57:38 PDT 2009

Anyone wants to setup something like the http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/23b_Shop here in SGV without the membership fees?    I really want to make some small projects with AVR, ie a simple shade louver controller or a LED flash light.   I can ask around and maybe setup a small space for AVR near El Monte.   I am still in the blinking the LED stage and sort of stopped after switching over to a thinkpad with no serial port but is slowly pickin it up again.   Anyway, we'll need someone who is compenent with AVR and basic electronics.

If anyone is interested please let me know how much initial space is needed and what basic equipments are needed to make it work, ie soldering stations, multi-meters, oscilloscopes . . .

thanks,

John