[SGVLUG] Thanks! plus, Sat CIT enterprise forum + Tech calendars (re: tonight´s mtg)

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 11:11:50 PDT 2009

Hi!

1) THANKS to Solomon and Braydon!!
You guys MADE the meeting! ;)

2) Caltech/MIT Enterprise Forum Sat 9-11:30am 6/13
Entrepreneurial Opportunities in Software
Is Cloud Computing Software's next Silver Lining?

Peter Coffee Moderates
Director of Platform Research
Salesforce.com
www.salesforce.com
Formerly Technology Editor, eWeek / PC week

Peter is really GOOD! I highly recommend checking this
out, even tho it costs a bit. ( IF you are a student
at CIT it is FREE!!! other students $10... pricier
for the rest.. )

http://www.entforum.caltech.edu/

3) Additional links:

Virtual Box, the CD I passed out
http://www.virtualbox.org/

LA LUGS
http://www.lalugs.org/

Linux World -> now Open Source World 8/12-13, 2009
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/

Def Con (<$)
http://www.defcon.org/
and the related blackhat conference ($$$):
http://www.blackhat.com/

Open Source Conference 7/20-24/2009
http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2009
( sorry I gave the wrong url on this one.. )

O'Reilly has a lot of good conferences
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/

Usenix also has some really good conferences
http://www.usenix.org/

Gary's Guide has a nice list of various conferences
http://www.garysguide.org/

4) Lilax meets THIS Sat morning in downtown LA
iirc Miguel mentioned the topic will be MythTV
http://www.lilax.net/
[ NOTE! lilax.org has a bunch of .. um.. adult
[ content links.. so you don't want to go there
[ during working hours. Good thing we have both
[ .org and .net ;)

thanks!
matti