[SGVLUG] Did we just slashdot our own server? (was Meeting ... What do you want presented?)

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue Jun 9 15:24:54 PDT 2009

Following Solomon's lead, I went to copy/paste this to our website, but in the middle of doing so "the site disappeared" - either our corporate firewall suddenly decided to block the site (unlikely), or something more sinister happened...

Of course, as I write this, I realize the MAILING LIST is served by that exact same server, so chances are you won't see this message until after it's repaired...

> -----Original Message----- Of Solomon K. Chang
>

> Okay, uh, which LVS was I doing again? Lowlife Vermin Scum?
> Las Vegas Sins? Land Vehicle Service?
>
> Ah yes, Linux Virtual Server.
>
> Well, I'm too lazy to do a write-up at the moment, so I'm
> going to do what any good admin does: copy and paste directly
> out of wikipedia:

[and I was going to copy the same to our server...]