[SGVLUG] Looking for dyndns.org replacement suggestions...

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 18:04:38 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Emerson, Tom
(*IC)<Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com> wrote:
> As much as I hate to do this, it looks like I need to find a better dynamic DNS host than dyndns.org - I've been with them for a really long time, and my IP is static, but it seems they've recently instituted a policy whereby you need to "log in" to their server at least once a month to maintain your account - since I tend to be a bit lazy, I don't remember to do this in time and my account gets deleted  (yeah, I suppose I could send $$$ to keep this from happening as well, but read the last sentence again: I'm too lazy...)
>
> Any suggestions?

Really?  I've never had this problem.  I logged on for the first time
in years a few months ago when I went through the hassle of changing
my email address.  Has your account actually been deleted?

I think I had paid at least once very early on right after I got DSL
back in 99?  Hmm, looks like I have a legacy non-expiring account that
was converted August 31, 2002.

claude