[SGVLUG] Looking for dyndns.org replacement suggestions...

Sean sean at seanodonnell.com
Tue Jul 21 17:15:09 PDT 2009

apt-get install ddclient

--------- Original Message --------
From: SGVLUG Discussion List. <sgvlug at sgvlug.net>
To: SGVLUG Discussion List. <sgvlug at sgvlug.net>
Subject: Re: [SGVLUG] Looking for dyndns.org replacement suggestions...
Date: 21/07/09 22:38

> Perhaps Perl Net::Mechanize, wget, curl or links (lynx) via crontab?
>
> -bb

dynamic DNS host than dyndns.org - I've been with them for a really long
time, and my IP is static, but it seems they've recently instituted a policy
whereby you need to &quot;log in&quot; to their server at least once a month
to maintain your account - since I tend to be a bit lazy, I don't remember
to do this in time and my account gets deleted  (yeah, I suppose I could
send $$$ to keep this from happening as well, but read the last sentence
again: I'm too lazy...)