[SGVLUG] RIAA party in washington!

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 01:53:29 PST 2009

Well, you probably recall that the RIAA lawyer is
President Obama's pick to head the justice department,
so I thought I would pass along a couple of other
RIAA tidbits which I've encountered...
[ I'm guessing these may have already
appeared on /. tho I haven't read /. recently!! ]

best
matti

--
RIAA lobby in Washington

"Despite ban on special interest money, lobbyists flood in"
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-inaug-money18-2009jan18,0,3084929,full.story

[..]
"For example, the Recording Industry Assn. of America is throwing a star-studded ball headlined by singer Rihanna and rapper Ludacris among others, and co-hosted by Courtney Cox and Rosanna Arquette, at the Ibiza nightclub Tuesday night.

The $2,500-per-ticket, invitation-only event is a benefit for Feeding America, a domestic hunger relief charity.

But it also promises to bring together many members of Congress and high-level administration appointees with association members, at least some of whom have concerns about music piracy and other issues overseen or influenced by the federal government."
[..]

--

In Internet First, RIAA File Sharing Hearing to Be Webcast
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/LawPolitics/story?id=6650027&page=1

--

Judge: 17,000 illegal downloads don't equal 17,000 lost sales
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20090119-judge-17000-illegal-downloads-dont-equal-17000-lost-sales.html