[SGVLUG] scary RAID 5 going going .. soon 2 be gone?

Shang-Lin Chen shanglin.chen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 14:14:47 PST 2009

> I really need to set something up that will backup both my windoze
> boxes and fileserver.  If it can be done by a single tool all the
> better.  Can we get someone to give a presentation/demo on either this
> BackupPC Virtual Appliance or the underlying BackupPC program?

As Rae said, I use BackupPC at work. I should be able to put together a
presentation on BackupPC for March. I'm not sure about February, and it
seems someone is already presenting. As another idea, perhaps various
volunteers could give short presentations about their favorite backup
solutions.

As of now I haven't used BackupPC for backing up Windows. I use SyncBack
Freeware (http://www.2brightsparks.com) to back up my Windows box. I may try
setting up smb and BackupPC to see how well that works.

Shang-Lin