[SGVLUG] Antenna Re: OT: Anyone got a DTV converter recommendation?

Stan Slonkosky stan.ke6zc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 14:46:28 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 2:36 PM, listreg <listreg_sr at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to have line of sight to the source signal?? I'm in the shadow of Wilson and reception is either non existent or really bad.
>  Stephen

That's pretty much the case, but signals can be refracted or
reflected. People who are in Pasadena and whodo have a line of sight
view of the transmitting antennas aren't going to need much of an
antenna. I have a USB TV tuner that plugged into a laptop and around
Allen and Queensberry, it works fine with the telescoping whip that
came with it for both analog and digital signals.

As I wrote before, I think that channel 9 with be the only VHF channel
used in this area and that the rest will be UHF.

--
Stan Slonkosky