[SGVLUG] Revision Control Systems

juanslayton @dslextreme.com juanslayton at dslextreme.com
Mon Jan 5 19:32:16 PST 2009

Matt,
     My ignorance of CVS is too big to want to reveal it to the whole list.
But as a 'fer instance' I would mention that CVS will let me checkout files
when running as root, but will not let me commit them.  Many of my current
programs use SVGAlib, and require root privileges to run (and check coding
changes).  I find it easiest just to work as root (yeah, I know-bad, bad...)
but logging in and out to use CVS is a pain.
     But that's just one item.  Any increase in general knowledge here would
be helpful.
John