[SGVLUG] Revision Control Systems

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Jan 5 13:11:33 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Jason Riker <jasonrkr at charter.net> wrote:
> Anyone done a comparison of revision control systems?  My boss wants to setup Subversion and I'm just wondering if there's anything better.  We'll be housing mostly Java/PHP web apps.

My impression is that SVN is the new CVS.
There is probably no reason to deploy new CVS servers, SVN is better
in all respects
(except perhaps simplicity of server stack).

There are other revision control systems worth considering,
but SVN is the baseline these days, IMHO.

(And I'm a git user, too.  I like them both, for different reasons.
Git is harder to learn,
as it does much more.)
- Dan