[SGVLUG] Hosting a Site over multiple locations and public IPs

Edgar Garrobo egarrobo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 08:49:04 PST 2009

I'm using RedHat (CentOS actually) and Windows 2008x64 all virtualized on
XenServer 5.  This is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) application and
all of the clients run it through either the Citrix XenApp online plug-in or
through the Citrix Web Interface.  There is a SQL Server database that one
of the Citrix servers connects to for Farm management but it's usage is
light.  It's not static HTML, it's basically just a site that installs the
Citrix web plug-in and then the plug-in launches an ICA session.  At that
point the session with the website and web server doesn't matter anymore.

I have looked into LVS a bit but I'm not sure how it would help my setup.
I'm definitely implementing round robin DNS as a solution at this point,
though I'm still interested in seeing what people come up with as other and
possibly better solutions.

Thanks,

Edgar