[SGVLUG] Taproot Foundation

Lynette lthein at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 28 16:47:27 PDT 2009

Sorry the link is wrong.

I meant www.dwcweb.org

~Lynette

________________________________
From: Lynette <lthein at yahoo.com>
To: SGVLUG Discussion List. <sgvlug at sgvlug.net>
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2009 4:40:17 PM
Subject: [SGVLUG] Taproot Foundation

Taproot started in San Fransisco.  Los Angeles finally has a chapter.  The LA Chapter actually just started recently and they are still settling down.

I was on a web project - redesign a web.  I was assigned to a team of Professionals whom also wanted to help.
We had a project manager, Copywriter, graphic designer, Marketing person, and a web developer (which was me)

Taproot has a blueprint(a little out dated but currently updating their process) that provides a time line and deliverable for the client, which is a non-profit group.  We redesigned Downtown women's Center (DWC) website.
Here is the Old: www.dwc.org
here is the new (not in Production)
http://dwcweb.org/taprootJoomla/JoomlaInstallation/

Since this is a volunteer service, it took about 6 months to provide 5 unpublished pages.  It is up to the Client to finish the rest of the site.  The project was meant to span this long because volunteer would have full time jobs and the volunteer time is suppose to be a few hours each week for 6 months.

Here is the link to Taproot.
http://taprootfoundation.org

Taproot has many other projects that they provide grants for, branding, and other sorts

I like it because i can use my technical skill to help people who help others.

Thanks Harold for asking,
~Lynette