[SGVLUG] Southern Technology Conference

Lynette lthein at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 28 02:38:07 PDT 2009

I was just checking to see if anyone else has heard of the conference.
they say that they have been doing this for 10 years.

This is a little research i am doing for Taproot Foundation.
Taproot wanted to know if it was worth their wild to reach out for volunteers to do pro-bono work for other non-profit groups.

I was thinking that Taproot would do better to reach out to specific communities like LUGs, php user groups, etc. for volunteers to help other non-profit groups improve their IT area.

IT - at the moment, their websites.
I am going to pitch to Taproot to expand IT volunteers to network and systems.  I am sure that non-profit groups would be appreciative on just even an evaluation of their systems, whether it is desktop systems, network or servers (if they have any)

 i haven't decided whether to attend the conference yet.
thanks for the input Matti,
~Lynette