[SGVLUG] Calendars and Active L.A. lugs (was upcoming interesting conferences)

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue Aug 4 16:40:31 PDT 2009

> -----Original Message----- Of Dan Kegel
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Emerson, Tom
> > Anyway, it doesn't HAVE to be a facebook group ...
> the point
> > is that I'd like to get the people who are actively promoting or
> > managing local groups together in SOME forum to discuss things ...
>
> Er, how about the existing lalugs mailing list?

Fair enough (I'll join right after I hit "send" - promise...)

> Or even the mailing list we're using right now?

Mainly because I'm pretty sure that the "leaders" of the other groups are NOT on this list (sure, there may be a few, but it would be a bit egotistical to think they ALL are)  and secondly, discussions of "how to run a user group" in general chats like this tends to annoy people who are here for the "linux" content of the chat