[SGVLUG] upcoming interesting conferences

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 12:57:17 PDT 2009

Hi,

Just an update on a few interesting conferences coming up

Conferences:

Defcon is currently happening!
If you didnt make it, checkout some of the info at
http://www.defcon.org/
[ hopefully we'll get a good report from the folks
[ who made it to this event at our next meeting ;)

note, as in the past, expect some slides and audio
to be available:
http://www.defcon.org/html/links/dc-archives/dc-16-archive.html

Green Tech Connect Forum 8/3-4
http://www.greentechconnectforum.com/
Pasadena Convention Center
[ I couldn't find the price... hmm..
[ frustrating. Still it maybe interesting
[ for some here.

Drupal Camp LA 8/8-9
http://2009.drupalcampla.com/
UCI
DrupalCampLA is the annual FREE conference
[ sweet deal folks ;)

Linux World -> now Open Source World 8/12-13, 2009
http://www.opensourceworld.com/
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/
[ Looks like it is a FREE conference, I tried a few
[ options and for Priority Code: NONE got price
[ of $0.00 - hmmm, I really wish they would make
[ this easier and just tell us how much this costs
[ without having to enter info into forms...

ITEXPO 9/1-3
Internet Telephony Conference
http://www.tmcnet.com/voip/conference/
LA Convention Center ( www.lacclink.org )
Note: FREE VIP Pass ( free if you reg online in advance )
includes all Keynotes,
general sessions, free workshops, networking receptions
and unlimited Exhibit Hall access.

Digital Video Expo 9/22-24
http://www.dvexpo.com/
Pasadena Convention Center
Exhibit Pass is FREE before 9/9

Oh, and here's some interesting material from a
recent USENIX conference, hotcloud 6/2009,
lots of papers on cloud computing:
http://www.usenix.org/events/hotcloud09/tech/

best
matti