[SGVLUG] Moving files in a safe way

Rae Yip rae.yip at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 19:29:37 PDT 2009

If it's a one-time operation, I'd be inclined to use cpio over ssh.

cd /src; find . -depth | cpio -oH odc | ssh -e none user at host cpio -idmv /tgt

Feel free to compare the times for this to rdist. :)

-Rae.

P.S. Not sure if Linux cpio or rdist will preserve ACLs or security
contexts. Assuming this isn't a big deal.