[SGVLUG] John - did you change GPG keys?

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Apr 30 15:16:08 PDT 2009

> -----Original Message----- Of John E. Kreznar
[stuff deleted]
> --
>  John E. Kreznar jek at ininx.com 9F1148454619A5F08550
> 705961A47CC541AFEF13

I know it's possible that either the plug-in I'm using isn't working [gpgol & kleopatra], or that the "corporate" e-mail servers [exchange] are "munging" a byte or more of the original message before it arrives in my inbox, but I'm getting "Bad signature by unknown key 61A47CC541AFEF13: Bad signature" on your signed messages.

(and yes, I notice that your .sig includes what appears to be the full fingerprint, but I thought this would be a 16 byte value, not a 20 byte value as you have it listed)

I'm fairly sure I have your "public" key on my keyring, but I got that a couple of years ago -- did you create a new one since then?  [checking... No, I see I have the same fingerprint for you on my keyring -- is anyone else seeing "bad" signatures here?]