[SGVLUG] I need a head-count of those interested in attending Dev-sig this weekend

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Apr 30 14:54:49 PDT 2009

Our reservation for the room at La Pintoresca library is up for renewal (there no money involved, this is just an annual reservation process we go through)  I've found a location that I think will better suit our needs as "developers" (better internet connection and more outlets for laptops) at the "cost" of doing some administration work on their linux server (well, I'll be the one "doing the work", but often I'd like other folks input, and it will serve as a great base for learning experiences for all as well)

I'd like to have the group meet there this weekend [yes, the new month snuck up on us that fast...] but it seems there may be some other folks using the library at the time, so I'll need a headcount of folks that are interested in attending and willing to drive to BURBANK(*) instead of PASADENA  (I probably live midway between the two locations, so distance is a moot point for me)  Private responses to osnut at pacbell.net are OK, but better would be to respond here so others can gauge interest as well.

If the number of people intent on attending is 5 or fewer, I'm fairly sure we can co-exist (and this would be a good opportunity as the "server" has been moved to a back-room that would only hold that many people anyway -- we'd be able to log on directly rather than play with ssh logins)  If there is a huge interest in expanding dev-sig to include "administrative" activities [or simply learning adminstrative tasks], we should meet at La Pintoresca as usual this month

Tom

(*) more specifically, this location is just off of Glenoaks near Scott road -- Fry's is about a 5 minute drive away...