[SGVLUG] Free University classes

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 16:18:19 PDT 2008

Hi,

> 	But none of these classes count for any credit, or am I
> mistaken?

> The point is:  They don't count for any credit card!

the universities with online courses I have looked at:

IF you want Credit you will have to pay,

often at the same price per unit as a
normal class - but sometimes without
even lectures or TAs or the usual students
you can get together to study with.

I'm very curious to see how the internet
and online learning will change the traditional
university model.

Certainly I can see a lot of value to home schooling
with online educational opportunities.

properly done I would think that a high school
graduating student could basically have already
covered 1-2 years of college material.

best
matti