[SGVLUG] Caltech Club Fair

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 21 16:04:18 PDT 2008

Let's make this happen! It was a great opportunity
last year to recruit more Caltechers to join us.

"This year the Club Fair will be on Saturday, September 27,
and start at 3pm. .. it is a good opportunity to try to
draw in Caltech students. [..]
(Also, if you have any Linux-related goodies to
give away, they might be a good promo for the group.)"
 - Shang-Lin

Great idea!!!!

here's the schedule:
http://studentlife.caltech.edu/events/Carnival2008/site/schedule.asp

[ remember this event is for the students, i.e. the prizes
[ and giveaways are for the students.

WHAT WE NEED (imho):

1) flyers / sgvlug "business cards"
2) poster ( I have a presentation board we can use )
3) give-aways
4) Help manning the booth
( they have a bbq dinner for anyone helping ;)

hmmmm - would be nice to printout and burn some
linux OS CDs with a SGVLUG logo... while i have
seen some nice custom CD printers, I haven't seen
any really good deals on them nor the blanks...

Does anyone have a contact for Linux OS CDs?

It would be nice to have a lot of Linux OS CDs
available for students to pickup.
( Redhat, Ubuntu, SuSe.. )

hmmm.. what else can we give away to help??

I can help get the table setup at the beginning of
the event,

The should be power available if we want to run
a system.. tho the internet access will be
limited at best (from what I can tell.. )

any other ideas??

thanks
matti