[SGVLUG] Fw: Linux job openings

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Sep 12 14:46:22 PDT 2008

[On the plus side, this guy is asking in advance if this is kosher :) ]

At the Dev-sig, Jim and I discussed ways for user groups and
mailing-list members to "fairly and accurately" assess the abilities of
headhunters and legitimacy of positions offered -- this is mainly
because the subject came up on the LAMP-sig list and devolved into
flaming and unverifiable claims.

I thought I set up a "classified" section on our website, but hardly
anyone made use of it [well, nobody actually, once the initial items
rolled off...] -- jobs offered and desired are existing categories, so I
could get the details and post them there (and since I control the
posting, I can make sure it is relavant before I pass it along)

In any case, since I don't know this guy (yet), I'll at least forward
his initial comment -- if you have an interest, you can contact him
directly.  If you have an opinion of him or the offerings, please keep
it civil :)