[SGVLUG] Equipment Exchange is on for Sept 11

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 10:51:07 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 10:20 AM, DYN: Jim Workman <JimW at dynashoe.com> wrote:
> I have a Tivo Series 1 with a fried modem.
>
> Please reply to me or the list if you would like for me to bring it.
>
> Jim Workman

What size hard disk?  What kind of subscription does it have?
Lifetime or monthly?

I added a network card to my first one so it didn't tie up the phone
line.  We've since upgraded to network ready TiVo's that allow us to
transfer video between units and PCs so we gave the first one to my
mom and my mother-in-law got our first series 2 box after we got a HD
model last year.

What I'm saying is if it has a lifetime subscription and you don't
need to transfer recordings with other TiVos's a series 1 model is
still a good model.  While it won't have all the latest network
features I'd say it's still better than any of the first generation
DVRs.

Looks like 9th Tee still sells network adapter cards for series 1
units.  Oh, hey, looks like they now have a wireless version now:

   http://www.9thtee.com/tivo-sa1.htm

claude