[SGVLUG] Any other local bloggers here?

Stan Schwarz stan at iron.gps.caltech.edu
Thu Sep 4 10:52:04 PDT 2008

It occurred to me that maybe someone here may know something
about this:

I have a personal web site and blog at http://1134.org.  A few
years ago, I signed up for Google Adsense, and they put about
four little text ads on the side of my blog page. Overall, it
makes me just about enough money to cover the cost of hosting
the site.

Now the city of Pasadena is claiming that this is a 'home-based
business' and saying I have to get a business license and pay
them a tax on the untold millions that I'm evidently making
of this Internet thingy.

Has anyone else here dealt with something like this?