[SGVLUG] Interesting Problem (1tb drive showing up as 80GB)

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Sep 4 09:33:31 PDT 2008

> -----Original Message----- Of Charles Wyble
>
> Any ideas? Do I need to upgrade my bios to support 1TB drives?

I presume you've used the "auto" setting in your BIOS, but if the drives
you had previously were indeed only 80GB, there is the possibility that
they've been "set" to that instead of "auto" [worth checking, of course
;) ]

I also recall that some BIOSes had a "custom" setting where you could
hand-code the sides/cylindars/sectors manually to get capacities that it
doesn't detect automatically.