[SGVLUG] October speaker? Anyone? Buelller?

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Oct 3 10:18:00 PDT 2008

Sorry -- I'm pretty much tapped out on ideas or leads to speakers.

I did notice the other day that there is a version 6 of MySQL, and while
we have the resident expert on the subject of MySQL handy, getting to
our meetings tends to be quite the drive for him, and I'd imagine the
technical details of "what's new" would glaze eyes over pretty fast
anyway...

At the Microsoft "event" last spring, I did find a vendor that sells a
product to allow Linux systems access to "secured" microsoft networks.
They were willing to present, but we've never figured out when [and I'd
imagine it's a little too short of notice now]  This too could get into
"eye glazing" territory, though...