[SGVLUG] Any Gentoo Fanatics around here?

Christopher Smith x at xman.org
Tue Nov 25 16:51:57 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 15:28 -0800, Emerson, Tom (*IC) wrote:
> I hesitate to ask "out of the box, how would 'x' be configured?" as I'm
> pretty sure there is no such thing as "out of the box" for Gentoo :) :)
> :)  [yeah, I know -- it's slackware on steroids]

I wanted to respond to this separately. Gentoo is actually pretty good
about managing configurations (part of the joy of constantly releasing
software updates and rebuilding things from source is you have to really
think about how you manage your configuration). Getting *used* to how
Gentoo does it is another matter. It has its own idiosyncrasies much
like other distros.

--Chris