[SGVLUG] FW: OT: food or fuel?

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Mon Nov 24 16:52:08 PST 2008

This is "OT" for the list it came from, and probably this one too, but
it touches on one of the "favorite subjects" of one of our regular
e-mail contributors.  Originally I had sent it to him, but it appears
his e-mail provider [L.A. Freenet] considers [AOL]Time/Warner to be a
"source of spam" and we are blacklisted [go figure] so I'm bouncing this
to the list (besides, a few other members have expressed an interest in
this subject as well...)

Tom

P.s. as you can see from this message, following the bounce message's
instructions to send "the original message with all headers, etc." to
our IT department might get a funny look from them as it isn't strictly
"business".  I considered for a moment that regardless of content, they
should be concerned as some day they might have a completely legitimate
need to send to someone on L.A. Freenet, but I'd imagine if that were
the case the recipient would be complaing far sooner than the sender ;)

----- Original Message ---- of Craig Lalley

Let's forget about the fact that it takes fuel to plant, fertilize and
harvest.

Let's for get about the fact that my car takes a 15% hit in gas millage.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-science/20081123/Food_s.Future.Biof
uels/

Key paragraph...
"Right or wrong, that was when blame firmly settled on biofuels for the
surge in food prices. The diversion of American corn from flour to fuel
put the flat corn bread out of reach for Mexico's poorest."

Thank you Governor Kulongoski ((D) - Oregon), for making non-ethanol gas
illegal in the state of Oregon.   I am sure it was a valiant attempt at
reducing illegal immigration from the source.