[SGVLUG] help save the world, pwr off game consoles

Stan Slonkosky stan.ke6zc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 12:46:01 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:

> There are also other tools than requiring absolute
> compliance.   One could levy a tax for
> all consumer appliances that is proportional to
> the amount of power they use in excess of the
> Energy Star limits.  Or, more simply, proportional
> to the amount of power they consume, period.
> Industry would probably prefer the former :-)
> - Dan

Why? People already pay for the power they use. That is incentive
enough for them to conserve.

I'm not very much in favor of laws mandating stuff. In fact, I'd like
to see a bunch of stupid laws repealed, like the California law that
makes it impossible to have any more nuclear plants built in
California. There is space for another reactor at San Onofre and for
two more in Diablo Canyon.

Something also needs to be done to encourage the reprocessing
(recycling) of spent nuclear fuel as is done in other countries with
nuclear power plants.

See the article by Dr. Bill Wattenburg on how to get nuclear plants
built quickly and get electricity prices back down.

--
Stan Slonkosky